....My purpose in creating this blog is not so much to offer something for my readers as much as an exercise to help me grow. Hopefully along the way, it may also help someone else. If not, may it at least entertain.

About Me

My photo
Middle Tennessee, United States
I was raised in a very close, Christian based middle-class family in a Southern city suburb. I have been married 34 years. I have 2 grown sons, a beautiful granddaughter, and 1 older sister. Our home right now is also home to 3 dogs, 3 cats, and 2 pet chickens! I love music, outdoors, pets, wildlife, and new adventures. I love all of nature and God's many creations and can't imagine a life without a love of God and family, wildlife and the outdoors.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Cedar Chest

The old chest...oh the memories it held. From the time I was just a little girl, I remember it always being somewhere present in our house. It went from different locations from within to being outcast to the attic. But it was always a part of the mystery to me to see what charms it held. Always just out of reach but for moments in time when it could be explored. Always told to leave it alone....I'm sure for fear of the danger of pinched fingers or becoming an entrapment.




Over the years it became damaged, scarred, and weathered until recently my husband took on the task of repairing and refinishing it so it can once again become a treasured piece of history to be used and cared for and on display in the heart of our home.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful piece and I'm sure it brings back long ago memories! I bet it now has a place of honor in your home. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas. Your input is greatly appreciated and valued.
Paula

*In an effort to control spammers, anonymous comments will be ignored and removed.