....My purpose in creating this blog is not so much to offer something for my readers as much as an exercise to help me grow. Hopefully along the way, it may also help someone else. If not, may it at least entertain.

About Me

My photo
Middle Tennessee, United States
I was raised in a very close, Christian based middle-class family in a Southern city suburb. I have been married 34 years. I have 2 grown sons, a beautiful granddaughter, and 1 older sister. Our home right now is also home to 3 dogs, 3 cats, and 2 pet chickens! I love music, outdoors, pets, wildlife, and new adventures. I love all of nature and God's many creations and can't imagine a life without a love of God and family, wildlife and the outdoors.

Thursday, June 23, 2011


Having a horse of my own was a dream I shared with decades of other young girls. After losing my best friend in the world my dad, my mother decided that maybe getting me that horse would help fill the void of his loss. Physics would tell us that if there is a void, something will move into the empty space and fill it, but when it comes to the heart, that is not at all true; there may seem to be an empty place but there really isn't. That empty place is actually filled with all the love that was there before, it is just hidden while time heals the pain. The gift of a horse did not fill the void left from losing my dad, rather it created a new place in my heart. We don't have to lose something in order to love something else but rather we continue to fill new places in our hearts for new things to love while at the same time, protecting the treasured places that are still there and will always be there. Getting the cherished horse did not replace the void, but rather gave me a new love for years to come and the love for my dad remains there today just as always.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the post. That is you on the horse I assume. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless you for writing all this. Your blog is a keepsake for generations to come. Now if we could just get Mom writing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you so much. I've been feeling like who cares and nobody reads it anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas. Your input is greatly appreciated and valued.
Paula

*In an effort to control spammers, anonymous comments will be ignored and removed.