....My purpose in creating this blog is not so much to offer something for my readers as much as an exercise to help me grow. Hopefully along the way, it may also help someone else. If not, may it at least entertain.

About Me

My photo
Middle Tennessee, United States
I was raised in a very close, Christian based middle-class family in a Southern city suburb. I have been married 34 years. I have 2 grown sons, a beautiful granddaughter, and 1 older sister. Our home right now is also home to 3 dogs, 3 cats, and 2 pet chickens! I love music, outdoors, pets, wildlife, and new adventures. I love all of nature and God's many creations and can't imagine a life without a love of God and family, wildlife and the outdoors.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I'm so bad!

It is so hard to be a Christian sometimes. I was laughed at all day at work today by several of my coworkers. I had told everyone including my boss that I was leaving when the first snowflake falls from our predicted winter storm - I left 45 minutes early and it was with the first snowflake. Twenty minutes later, all roads around the area were nothing but parking lots! Luckily my trip home was in the direction away from the approaching storm and my regular 40 minute drive had me clear of all traffic jams and turning into my driveway just as the snow began to accumulate. Now don't get me wrong, I am a hard worker and with the storm predicted a few days earlier, I had arrived at work 2 hours early so as to get my work done. I felt ok about leaving 45 minutes early (or whenever the first flake fell).  I just can't help it, I hope they all had a terrible time getting home!

I know, I know that's a terrible attitude and I feel bad about it. I'd hate to think how I'd react to a really serious temptation from my ol' friend Satan.

Please Father forgive me and teach me humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas. Your input is greatly appreciated and valued.
Paula

*In an effort to control spammers, anonymous comments will be ignored and removed.