....My purpose in creating this blog is not so much to offer something for my readers as much as an exercise to help me grow. Hopefully along the way, it may also help someone else. If not, may it at least entertain.

About Me

My photo
Middle Tennessee, United States
I was raised in a very close, Christian based middle-class family in a Southern city suburb. I have been married 34 years. I have 2 grown sons, a beautiful granddaughter, and 1 older sister. Our home right now is also home to 3 dogs, 3 cats, and 2 pet chickens! I love music, outdoors, pets, wildlife, and new adventures. I love all of nature and God's many creations and can't imagine a life without a love of God and family, wildlife and the outdoors.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

When did it become OK?

This morning on my way to work I came up on two school buses, only two. What struck me was that both of them were stopped with lights flashing and folding stop signs out but there were no kids in sight. We sat a moment and the buses each turned the flashing lights off, pulled in the stop signs and sat there waiting for me to go on or around them. As I moved on, they sat. I heard one honk the horn. And they sat. They were WAITING for kids to come out.

When did our schools start teaching that it is ok to be late? Used to be if you weren't waiting by the side of the road when the school bus came, you missed the ride! I notice more and more that people seem to consider it alright to be late - late to appointments, late to school, late to work, and late to meet up with friends. I don't know about you but I find this inconsiderate as seemingly small as it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas. Your input is greatly appreciated and valued.
Paula

*In an effort to control spammers, anonymous comments will be ignored and removed.